Welcome to my website! I’m Kat Forsyth, a London-based wedding photographer – and also musical geek, obsessed movie-list-maker… and chocoholic.
I live in North London, but am often back in South Africa, where I’m originally from. At the moment I shoot weddings all over the UK, or even abroad, so give me a shout if you’re planning a destination wedding! I love to travel.
I first got interested in wedding photography when I was researching photographers for my own wedding and I suddenly realised that THIS was what I wanted to do: capture the fun, love, unplanned moments and individuality of other people’s weddings. I had so much fun stalking blogs about all things wedding that I had to be a part of all that awesomeness!
I ADORE weddings. And you have to, in this job! Luckily, despite being cynical about many things, I’m a complete romantic when it comes to weddings. I love shooting people in love and what better way to do that than by capturing a day when you are surrounded by love on all sides? Basically, I’m in love with love. So don’t be surprised if you see me tearing up a bit on your wedding day! Seriously. I’ve probably cried in every rom-com ever made.
I also offer engagement shoots, day-after shoots, Trash The Dress… you want it, I’ll do it! Send me an enquiry via my contact form or you can email me for information on my packages and availability.
Oh, you want to know more about me and what I like?
(I’m going to pretend you do, anyway.)
I will be even more stoked than usual if you have any of these things in your wedding. Except my husband, because that would be creepy. Unless you’re a friend of ours and he’s a guest. But aside from that, you can’t have him!
You also can’t have Gollum. His power is limited to my house; if he leaves, we could tear a rip in the very fabric of space and time, and start a chain reaction that could just possibly destroy the entire universe. (Granted, that’s a worst-case scenario).
But anything else awesome, you can do. In fact, here’s a
little massive wedding photography related wishlist of things I would love to photograph:
1) A wedding in a theatre/cinema
2) A real Doctor Who themed wedding, or any kind of geektastic sci-fi/fantasy wedding. Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, I’m in!
3) A super tattooed wedding, where you and your friends are all about your body art!
4) A retro, 50s wedding
5) An Alice in Wonderland/ Dr Seuss/ Roald Dahl inspired wedding
6) A wedding at Aynhoe Park, Pale & Interesting, The Icebar at Ice Hotel, The Asylum or anywhere ridiculously cool and different.
7) A wedding at any cool art gallery, a ruined Abbey, an outdoor rooftop or an aquarium!
7) A Day of the Dead themed wedding!
8) A hippy-camping-festival vibe wedding, where everyone stays overnight in tents, and you glue a giant moustache to your car (yes, that’s very specific. I guess I can do without the moustache if I have to).
9) A wedding where you wear non-traditional outfits (onesies, cosplay, the donkey from A Midsummer Night’s Dream – I’m up for all of it!)
10) An elopement somewhere quiet and beautiful, where it’s just the two of you.
11) I think this goes without saying, but a wedding outside England, anywhere awesome! I’ve photographed weddings in South Africa, Lesotho and Italy – I need to stretch my destination wedding photographer legs!
Any of the above would be kickass, but I’m always excited by new & fun ideas, so please lay them upon me. 😉